- Bariloche, with a population of 100,000, is located in Patagonia on the shores of the Nahuel Huapi Lake, a small city in the Andes surrounded by mountains.
- It is famous for skiing but also great for sight-seeing, water sports, trekking and climbing.
- Tourism is the main economical activity of Bariloche, all year around. During the summer, beautiful beaches such as Playa Bonita and Villa Tacul welcome sun-bathers and some brave lake swimmers (the waters, from melting snow, are always very cold).
Our partner school in Bariloche is conveniently located in the city centre, only 900 meters from the Centro Civico. All bus lines stop very close to the school, not more than 2 blocks away.
The school has 5 classrooms, a meeting room, teachers room, free coffee and tea with medias lunas (a kind of Argentine croissant) and a beautiful backyard with a view to the fantastic Nahuel Huapi Lake and Hills.
Spanish Courses in Bariloche
- Intensive group course: 20 group classes/week
- Super-intensive group course: 30 group classes/week
- One to One private course: 10 classes/week
- Immersion: 20 group classes + 5 one to one classes/week
Classes consist of four 55-minute lessons a day in groups of no more than 7 students. The course is complemented by extra-curricular activities, which students may do in their free time. Classes are divided into two parts with a break of twenty minutes
Carefully selected families, located within 10 to 25 minutes from the school, offer you single rooms with half board. Laundry service is optional. Most houses have beautiful architecture, green backyards and pools.
Activities and Excursions
Students favourite activities are visiting the wineries in Mendoza or the Patagonia Museum and ice skating in front of the Nahuel Huapi lake in Bariloche. For those fond of adventure, rapids descending from the Andes are the perfect scenery for rafting and kayaking. Just to the northeast you will find several international ski resorts and places for other adventure sports.
Bariloche offers you a truly enriching experience. Thanks to its traditional hospitality, exciting outdoor activities and its unrivalled richness of wildlife, you will have an adventurous study programme. Here you will enjoy a quiet stay in a really safe place surrounded by the most incredible natural beauty.