- Mendoza is a small city in the best of Argentina. It is the capital of Mendoza province with about 110.000 inhabitants. The city was founded in the 16th century and reconstructed later in European style.
- It is located at the foot of the spectacular Andes mountains and is a frequent stopover for climbers heading up Aconcagua (the highest mountain in the Western Hemisphere). The city of Mendoza and its vast surroundings boast unlimited offerings such as mountaineering, hiking, rafting, riding horses, skiing, etc.
Our partner school in Mendoza is located in downtown, five minutes away from the pedestrian area, and one block from the main avenue (Colon Avenue) and just 2 blocks away from Parque Cvico, city hall and Casa de Gobierno, very important monuments for Mendoza. The school itself has 6 classrooms, teachers room, a kitchen, a meeting room (to be used during breaks and free time) where you can have some coffee, tea or mate and you can also bring your own food, audio and video room, computer Room with free Internet access and a beautiful backyard with barbecue.
Spanish Courses in Mendoza
- Intensive group course: 20 group classes/week
- Super-intensive group course: 30 group classes/week
- One to One private course: 10 classes/week
- Intensive Spanish + Tango: 20 group classes/week + 8 dance classes
- Immersion Course: 20 group classes + 5 one to one classes/week
Classes consist of four 55-minute lessons a day in groups of no more than 7 students. The course is complemented by extra-curricular activities, which students may do in their free time. Classes are divided into two parts with a break of twenty minutes.
Carefully selected families, located within 10 to 25 minutes from the school, offer you single rooms with half board. Laundry service is optional. Most houses have beautiful architecture, green backyards and pools.
Activities and Excursions
Students favourite activities are visiting the wineries in Mendoza or the Patagonia Museum and ice skating in front of the Nahuel Huapi lake in Bariloche. For those fond of adventure, rapids descending from the Andes are the perfect scenery for rafting and kayaking. Just to the northeast you will find several international ski resorts and places for other adventure sports.
Mendoza is an ideal location in which to learn Spanish and from which to explore Argentina with excellent opportunities for rafting, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing and most outdoor sports all combined with your Spanish course.